Friday, June 5, 2009

Boy Scouts


The twins had their first scout day that goes all day. They were very excited with their new shirts. I have to say I realized I have a real problem letting my kids go or grow however you want to look at it. This is what I mean, they were given a list of items they were to bring (bug spray, suncreen, lunch, water bottle, poncho, money for the trading post, etc.). I packed their lunch last night in their new little cooler lunch boxes with the new water bottles that would keep things cold for 12 hours. I worried about Brandon who just looks at the sun and gets a 2nd degree sunburn and dehydrates because he sweats so badly. I also went over important items like my usual comment "brothers first" meaning look out for eachother and always make sure that the other one is included. My little (or rather big) Brax has some issues with using public restrooms. I think this is an anxiety I have passed on. He was really worried there would be no toilet paper or that there wouldn't be one at all. So I had to pack some in a little bag to reassure him. To make a long story short, I have a feeling I will want to set up camp next to them when they go to Scout Camp just to make sure they are well taken care of and that they didn't leave their beds array for the bugs to get in, or the zipper undone on the tent, or that they have enough to eat and are not eating junk, and that they made sure they always stay together. See! I have to get some help before I embarrass them too much!! Plus, can you tell I am not really much of an outdoorsy person?

3 comments:

Chelsey and Casey said...

Haha I love that! I've already thought that I'll be like that when I have kids, too. I love "brothers first!"

cjdustin said...

That is so funny and they are such cute boy scouts. Believe me though, I don't think you want to go anywhere near Scout Camp! Icky!

Stacy J said...

Such cute scouts and what a great mom although I think I'd stay away from scout camp too :)