Sunday, September 13, 2009

LOTOJA Race

We woke up Saturday morning and were ready for our adventure. My brother was riding in the Logan to Jackson race and we were going to go see him cross the finish line! We packed a lunch, which was great because it not only saved us huge, but it was nice to eat something healthier than take out. We started with our traditional stop at the square ice cream store in Swan Valley, then on to Victor. There we shopped for our cabin that boarders a golf course.:) As you can see in the pictures we just couldn't decide on which cabin. This area was supposed to be a private course with beautifully built cabins/homes but has since gone into bankruptcy and is now open to the public. Most of the homes are empty or foreclosed. It really is quite sad when you see the surroundings that someone could enjoy. I haven't gone to Jackson Hole for years and this was such a gorgeous drive. (do I sound old or what!) We got to the race and watched the riders start coming in. One guy walked his bike over the finish line...now that is dedication. Another rode in holding his seat up in one hand...ouch! I overheard one say he rode for the last 10 mi. with a flat back tire! All in all it was aw inspiring to watch these people finish a 206 mile race! It was great to see Michael accomplish such a feat. I was so proud to be there and cheer him on. He has this drive that I would love to have. Maybe I do, but am too chicken to commit.
(I've tried to post pictures and it won't let me. Stay tuned for the next post...)

No comments: